Back in Rugby now. If I was smart enough I'd do yesterday's route as a shape poem, but it goes something like this:
Budapest-Deli station-metro 2 to Deak-metro 3 to Kobanya-Kispest-bus 200E to Budapest Ferihegy Airport Terminal 1-London Luton Airport-Err, bus to Milton Keynes Central doesn't exist like it did on the trainline.com timetable, it left ten minutes ago-quick, phone the rail enquiries and get on bus to Luton Airport Parkway rail station at same time-find out en route that there are no more trains from Luton Airport Parkway-take £50 taxi to Milton Keynes Central-train to Rugby-taxi home-hug wife-don't wake the children...
But with lots of sitting around on transport comes lots of chances to talk to people on the way: an Italian violinist on her way back to Modena, taxi drivers (well, they can't actually move, classic captive audience), a Hungarian guy living in London on his way back from seeing his dentist in Budapest (there and back by plane in the same day - it still worked out cheaper for him somehow), people who offered to help me on the metro or at the train station, cashiers at the National Gallery...
Anyway, I want to get some of the story out, and the quickest way for me will be some rough edit video clips. That way I get to spend time with my family, get back into the swing of school work. So it won't be polished, or a nice linear narrative, there'll be gaps. But hey, dip into what you fancy.
And besides, every keystroke is dedicated to the people of Devecser and Kolontar, so if you reckon I've gone nuts with the amount of detail or putting myself in the spotlight, then sorry, but I'm kind of doing it to honour the likes of Gagarin and Marianna, or the guys who stopped the car to give me a lift to Kolontar, to the people whose lives have been turned upside down and are still battling for answers, justice, hope and restoration.
So here's clip 1, from Thursday lunchtime, the train into Devescer. It's come from Ajka, through Kolontar, in the direction of the red tide:
No comments:
Post a Comment