I couldn't get through any journey to Europe without making fun of food packaging. And I trust I'm not alone in this.
I also love the way tea is marketed in middle Europe. They go for names that suggest English traditions, history, status, class. So in the local CBA supermarket you can choose bizarre fruity combinations from Milford (which sounds like someone calling for their butler), Pickwick (think Dickens, think our local Aldi), and my favourite Sir Morton. Images abounded of tea clippers and Victorian gents. And if you think I'm making it up, then take this you cad, you bounder:
While I'm banging on about Hungarian food retailing, there's a major barrier to the concept of Fair Trade. That reassuring logo was nowhere to be found. And if I remember to get round to it, I've a whole treatise on the brew about the use of English to brand those energy drinks. In Hungary you can get Hell, Burn, Spirit, Monster...
No comments:
Post a Comment